Tuesday 14 January 2014

Thoughts of Spring

I know it is VERY early but after the deep freeze we were in (and always have the potential to go back into in Saskatchewan), the -10C of today almost felt like spring. 

Warm weather thoughts make me think of all the yard work we have ahead of us at the church.  We were lucky the snow did not begin to fall till November, so we were able to trim and cut back the trees and bushes around the property.  I have a feeling that this was not a priority for any previous owners as the difference was night and day.

As you can see in this first picture, I had begun to trim the trees.  When I took a step back I could see just how much needed to be trimmed.

It had overgrown through the railing of the front steps


I can't remember if I mentioned that we are on a corner lot.  This is a picture of the side looking towards our corner.  At this point if you were walking down the sidewalk you needed to move to the street to keep walking.


And here are the after pictures.  Why hello path into the back yard!  The pine trees you can see in this picture were also trimmed, but unfortunately William got to them before I could get before and after pictures


My fur baby Pleione coming out to critique the work.  No problem opening the door now!


Hey look!  You can use the sidewalk again!  Your welcome parents with strollers and kids on bikes


The view on the highway after a long day's work.  There is nothing like a Saskatchewan sunset (Except for maybe Arizona.  Shout out!!!  You know who you all are!! :)


We are hoping that there won't be too much trimming in the spring.  We had an obscene amount of leaves to rake just before the snow fell for good.  We were able to get the first round but I know that will be a big job once the snow is gone.  Garden and flowers are what I am really looking forward to.

Still no word on the structural engineer.  I've had a few people ask where we are regarding that.  It is really feeling like this is never going to get going.  Fingers and toes crossed for us please!!

No comments:

Post a Comment