Monday 15 September 2014

First Anniversary with our Church!

One year ago today we received possession of our church.  Today when I should have been working on uni stuff but couldn't (I forgot the key to my office, my wallet and a text I needed...get organized Victoria!) I looked through some pictures and realized just how different the place looks in one year.

These are from one of the first pictures taken of the basement to a picture I took tonight.
















It has been a bit of a transition from living in the city to a smaller town.  One being when you forget things at home.  Going to need to be much more organized.

So what does the next year look like for renos?  Well, we found out last week after the bank appraisal what the church is worth.  BUT the bank then told us that they will not let us take out some of the equity to continue with the reno.  The short reason... they still think of it as a church.  BUNK!!  I guess we are working with plan B...


This blog/journal is going to have to take a detour as we complete some minor renos at the house in Regina so we can rent it out.  The plan is the extra money coming in will help pay for the church reno. 

So another renovation from the beginning... just what the doctor ordered for stress. ;)

1 comment:

  1. Victoria! What an amazing adventure you have had. You have created a stunning living space.

    I'd love to hear more about your adventures, and life in general. Please give me a call to meet for coffee.

    Sonja

    ReplyDelete