Sunday 3 July 2016

Resurrection

WOW has it really been this long since I last opened my blog and wrote about all our renovation adventures?!  I think the last thing I said was something about life slowing down and I would have time to catch up.  Boy was I wrong!  So, where have we been?!

Well I spoke at a conference.


Been chipping away at my masters thesis and cuddling with the fur babies.


Oh yes and I was busy doing this...


WHAT?! Crazy.  All of a sudden we were becoming a family of five (because as everyone knows the fur children are indeed part of the family!).  We had just finished the demo of the bathroom at the house in Regina and the renovation needed to be put on hold.  For one, because whomever said morning sickness was in the morning OR that it only lasts a few weeks knows NOTHING!  I could barely eat anything I was so sick.  The thought of doing anything to do with renovations was just not going to happen.  And William was worried about me, so the last thing he wanted to do was worry about renovations.  This is where we stopped.

 

Here is the bathroom window with everything demoed down to nothing and the bathtub gone.


The window is where the shower was.  As this is where the most damage was when we began the demo, we were very happy that there was no rot to deal with.


This is how everything stayed for a few months.  Even though I was feeling terrible (for the whole pregnancy) I still made sure to take pictures every step of the way when the renovation started up again.  Once everything was finally done at the house I took a day to rest.  Then a day later I went into labour.  At least she gave me a day to rest. 

This past year has been all about being parents.  We just were not interested in renovations.  It wasn't until last month when I was at the bank next to the Home Depot I thought to myself "I haven't been in there to look around for AGES!".  I told William and he agreed.  This is when we knew we were ready to think about the renovations for the church.  

So as we prepare for the next phase of renovations at the church, I decided it was about time to update my blog/journal.  Welcome back to the adventure my friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment