Monday 25 July 2016

I Knew It!

So the last post I mentioned that we were handing in paperwork and that we had things stall in the past.  Well... it was like I had looked into the future.  Or had inside information.  The very next day I heard from Chris asking for information regarding the basement.  As in information on the support beam, as well as any information on the construction of the basement.  We thought "No problem! We can ask at the town office as everything needs to go through them to receive a building permit". Turns out that the town was much more lenient back in the day.  They have nothing on record that will help us.  From there I drove into Regina and headed to the land titles office.  Waited in line for ages, explained what I needed, the woman went and looked to come back empty handed.  UHHHH!  Last chance, William contacted the diocese to see if they had any information.  They are going to look into it, but it doesn't sound promising.  This is stressing me out!  If we can't give the information on the basement, I might not get my loft as the engineer can't sign off on the plans without knowing the basement can handle the extra weight.  Send positive vibes our way please.  I think we are going to need them!

So to get our minds off the stress, we went for a long walk yesterday and ended up at the Indian Head museum.

 

This is a picture of the original part of our church.  This is the back section where we hope to have our kitchen.  I was sad to see there was once a tower that over the years had been taken down.



This plaque once hung in the original church.  So, this is from the 1800's.  Crazy!

We have been discussing how we would at some point try to find a church bible if we could to have as a piece of art more than anything when the renovations are complete. We were a little frustrated when we saw this...


These my friends are bibles... from churches... in our area... that have gone under. SO one of these could be the original bible from OUR church.  There is no glass or barriers to stop a person from flipping through the pages to snoop.  We were SO TEMPTED!  But it felt weird to start pawing at things in a museum.  One of the volunteers that works there lives a house down from us, so I am going to see if I can get permission to check them out.  At the very least I would like pictures or copies from the original if it is indeed there.

So the weekend was not all bad although we were stressing out.  I hope to come back with good news.  In the mean time I will continue to enjoy watching people as they pass by...


Our church is a Pokemon Go Pokestop!  We have been enjoying seeing families, kids, people walking their dogs, etc coming by.  It's been a great way of speaking to people in town that we wouldn't necessarily get a chance to chat with. I love this town!


No comments:

Post a Comment