Wednesday 23 April 2014

Passing Inspection and a New Window

Yesterday I spent the majority of the day at the church.  I helped out where I could, made arrangements with the power company and met up with the inspector.  Happy dance everyone!  The inspector only found minor changes he wanted.  The big stuff he could not find anything wrong.  I think he was impressed with the quality of the work. (Cause my guys are SO GOOD at what they do!!).  The grapevine had said that usually in the first inspection he finds a long list of things needing to be changed.  Great news!!  We stay on schedule!!  One of the minor things he wanted changed was holes cut and taped in the vapor barrier on the walls.  Quick fix that I was able to do instead of taking time away from other more important things.


The big job for yesterday was putting in the kitchen window.  It was really cool to watch the process from beginning to end.  The guys are amazing!  They needed to jackhammer the wall to make it big enough for the frame and window.




As that was happening they also dug out the window well.


They built the frame, put in the window, then placed it into the hole they had cut out.  It looks amazing!

 


The next window to put in is the bedroom window.


You can see where the old window was and the framing for the new window.  To have it to code it needs to be big enough for us to crawl out in case of a fire.  I understand this but look at the difference.  The window is going to be huge!  Lots of natural light and a place for my plants.

Today was going to be to tackle this window, but it is currently pouring rain so I'm not sure if the guys will be able to get this done.  Thursday the electrician finishes up.  The power company comes out to turn off then on the power while everything electrical is finished.  The insulation and vapor barrier will be put up, then another visit from the inspector.  Once that is done and good to go, drywall will be put up, then tiling can begin in the bathroom.  Then finally there will be stuff I feel I can really help with!

No comments:

Post a Comment