Monday 16 June 2014

Renovations with my Dads Help

So this last weekend was going to be an epic painting party.  This was cancelled due to the mud/tape/sand guy not being done.  I am finding this very frustrating.  The basement is a huge job and I know this.  I am finding this frustrating because he told Allan he could get everything done in 4 days.  This would be 4 days of full work.  This gentleman was there for less than 4 hours last Saturday and by the looks of things, this is just not going to be a rush job.  Really.  Just be honest!!  "Hey I can totally do this but I have a few other jobs on the go, my son helps me but is unreliable, and I like to party."  UH.  Waiting and patients...  So for now all my painting supplies are on standby. (A HUGE shout out to my lovely friend Steph.  She has a vast knowledge of the world of painting and was very patient with me and all my questions.  Thanks girl!!)


While I am giving shout outs; this past Sunday was Father's Day. I would like to take this time to brag about how great the dads in my life are.  My dad recently bought a towing trailer to go with his new toy.  Aka the Jeep, or otherwise known as "my little mule Pepe".  He came with us to pick up the remainder of our appliances and lugged them into the church with William.


 
Thanks daddy-o!! As with most things, what would I do without you?!!!

My daddy-in-law has renovated more houses than the majority of the professionals that do it for a living and have TV shows about it.  We were really disappointed when we saw the hardwood in the upstairs hallway ended at the foyer with the bells.  William's dad was fantastic and said he would finish the hardwood with some of the extra wood from the main part of the church.  Turned out we needed to pull up the rest of the plywood as it just needed to be filled in some spots. The lighter wood was already there.  The dark is the stuff dad did.


 
It. Looks. AMAZING!!  Thank you so much dad for helping us out, and for just being great!

My plan is to help out as best I can this week and if (fingers crossed) everything is ready, perhaps even get some painting done on the weekend.  Until then, I keep myself busy with my thesis and shopping.  Oh the shopping...  This week it's obsessing about the perfect chandelier.



I wonder what next week's shopping obsession will be?

No comments:

Post a Comment